5 LIFE LESSONS LEARNT IN THE LAST YEAR

08:00


Yes, I am still alive.

I'm not gonna lie –I've been trying really hard to convince myself not to completely give up blogging. I know I was never a pro, but it was my creative outlet. But life got busy, and this blog became an invisible burden. It's taken me over a year to write something again.

But here I am.

To be fair, I can say that 2014 was the year I was swallowed up by full-time work. But even then, it was a great year, full of new adventures and personal growth.

Here's some wisdom collected in these 14 months. It may not apply to you –they're just five conclusions I've arrived to after some thinking:

IT'S OK TO MOVE ON
Just make sure you're not running away from problems, people, or situations. Deal with those where you are. If you're at peace with yourself and still have the urge for change, that's okay. See where it takes you!


NEVER FORGET WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
In the midst of the busyness and monotony of life, you may lose sight of those things that bring you happiness, for the sake of being productive and making the most of what you've been given.
For you, happiness might be reading, playing sports, singing, or having coffee with friends. Make the decision to give them priority. Life is not worth it if you forget to do the things you love doing!


LIVE LIFE AT YOUR OWN PACE
There's not much worse than feeling you've been left behind in life. And that feeling always comes when you start comparing your life with other people's... doesn't it? Thinking stuff like "how come this younger person has found the career of their life and I haven't?" or "everyone around me is getting married, should I be too?" never ends well. It's ok to come to the conclusion that you don't fit into the life-mould that everyone seems to fit in. It's ok that you have different goals. There's no set timeline you need to fulfil. Know what you want, and keep working towards that.


DON'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW TO BE BETTER
Make your today a better day. Don't wait until you're in a bigger place/better job/different country/any skinnier/in a relationship to be happy. Wear those expensive shoes. Make your room your favourite place to be. Use that great smelling candle. Travel to your favourite country. Go for it.


IT'S OK TO BE VULNERABLE
Being human is being vulnerable. Making the decision to be in any sort of relationship (not just the romantic kind, but also family and friendships) will consequently bring big chances of getting hurt. And that is ok. Don't close yourself off just because you've been hurt before. Take the risk of opening yourself up to someone who you believe deserves it. It's scary, but it sure is worth it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments